For the past year, I’ve been working with a group of 120 bestselling authors to create a new platform for book discovery called BingeBooks (tagline: “Find your next great read”). It launched not long ago, so I wanted to fill you in about how it works and why it fills a gap in the marketplace.
If you head over to BingeBooks and register (for free), you’ll be able to do quite a few cool things:
Read the opening chapters of tens of thousands of bestselling books from traditional and indie authors — on any device
Browse the full collection of books of nearly any author in an easy-to-use interface
If they write in series, you can see all their series books in order
Ask questions and interact with authors
Create visually stunning book lists
Join book groups
Organize your digital book life
Read and write book recommendations
Buy what you enjoy, with quick links to retailers for print books, e-books and audiobooks.
Find trending deals and discover new releases
BingeBooks is also a burgeoning social network, so I hope you’ll follow me on my author page. And if you’ve enjoyed any of my books, please consider leaving a book recommendation for it.
How BingeBooks is different
How is BingeBooks different from Goodreads, BookBub or all the other book sites out there? Let’s count the ways:
- We’re independent. We’re not owned by a mega-corporation, as Goodreads is, or financed by deep-pocketed investors like BookBub. We’re a grassroots enterprise run by authors for readers.
- We’re conversational. We’re out to encourage conversations and interactions between authors and readers. Sites like Amazon actually prohibit authors from responding to readers.
- We have no secret agenda. We’re not a retailer and we’re not here to upsell you or promote products you don’t want. We’re an online community, knowledge base and resource.
- We’re mobile-friendly. Unlike Goodreads, readers can dive into the opening chapters of tens of thousands of books in our catalog on any mobile device.
- We give you a private space. We give every user a personalized private dashboard called My Reads. Save any book, author or article on the site to your own private cubbyhole.
- We’re retailer-agnostic. If you want to buy a book, we give you a choice of several retailers, and we’re not limited to just eBooks.
- We offer an end-to-end experience. You don’t have to hop from site to site to see the book description, read a sample, see readers’ recommendations or listen to an audiobook excerpt.
- We can anchor your reading experiences. We provide the easiest, most modern way to organize your digital book life and show off your expertise by sharing lists featuring beautiful book covers.
There’s more, but those are the main reasons my fellow authors and I launched the site.
What’s ahead? Onboarding more authors! To be sure, we’re a platform for readers to share book recommendations. But in the coming weeks we’ll also be opening our platform to any author in the world who wants a professional-looking author page and a place to show off their works. For free.
I hope to see you at BingeBooks!